Yesterday was National Library Workers Day. To celebrate, we held a friendly trivia contest and drawing to give our dedicated employees a chance to win a handful of outstanding prizes. The trivia question was:
The Haydon Burns library stands on the site of the old City Hall, as well as 60 additional feet of property previously occupied by what?
Answer: The Windle Hotel.
Names of respondents who answered correctly were then placed into an oversized fishbowl and randomly selected to win a Grand Prize and 5 additional prizes. And the winners are…
• Grand Prize: Coffee Mug, Deluxe Tote Bag, and Jacksonville Symphony Voucher to Masterworks or Friday Fusion concert, redeemable for two tickets: James Patterson
• Two Vouchers to see the Jacksonville Suns: Mildred Roton
• Spring Thing! Staff Party Tickets: Andy Barmer
• Two tickets to see The Monkees at the Florida Theatre on June 6: Donna Carroll
• One-year family membership to MOCA Jacksonville: Charlene Adkins
• Two tickets to the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens: Margaret Morford
Ali and Orin draw the winners:
We extend an enormous thank-you to the generous donors who made each of these prizes possible. Jacksonville Public Library loves you!