Magazines in digital format are presented in the same layout, text, and even with ads as the print version. There are a number of features possible only with digital including:
- Immediate availability in a variety of devices. These magazines are instantly available to view across many computers and devices soon after download. You can then read your magazines anytime, anywhere — even when you’re offline.
- A hyperlinked Table of Contents takes you directly to the articles, features, and sections of most interest to you.
- Quick links to advertisers’ sites and additional editorial content on the Web.
- Keyword search that helps you find a topic or name in seconds.
- The ability to highlight text and add “Post-it”-like notes on a magazine’s pages.
- Some publications also have links to videos, added content, and the option to share an article via email or social media.
With your Jacksonville Public Library card, you can download at no cost and read full copies of many popular digital magazines through a service provided by ZINIO with these additional advantages:
- No due dates or need to return as you keep copies of your magazine.
- More than 300 popular titles in our collection and still growing.
- Current issues—new issues are often released simultaneously to the print edition or with only a slight delay to allow for formatting issues. New issues appear automatically in the library’s collection once available and are ready for immediate download.
- You can easily browse our collection of titles one at a time, by title, language or category.
- Ability to download checked out magazines to apps for iPad, iPhone/iPod Touch, Android and Kindle Fire HD/HDX.
- No limits—you can check out as many issues as you want and keep them in your account indefinitely.
Ready to explore? Click here to get started.