Saturday, May 6, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
JPL Comic Con is back at both the Beaches Branch Library AND Willowbranch Branch Library. The excitement and activity builds every year and this year will be no different.
It’s also National Free Comic Book Day, so it’s a whammy of a day for all of us comic book and graphic novel lovers. Luckily, there will be a free shuttle back and forth from Beaches Branch Library to Superhero Beach comic book store so you can get your free comic book! Superhero Hive comic book store is a short stroll from Willowbranch Library.
- Escape time in the life-sized TARDIS replicas that will be at BOTH Beaches and Willowbranch Libraries courtesy of Hangar 18 Props!
Additional activities include:
- Comic book cover art contests
- Costume contests for all ages at both branches.
- Prizes awarded in each age category. Please remember, this is a family affair.
- Authors and Artists
- At Beaches Branch Library
- At Willowbranch Library
- Children’s crafts and storytime
- Special guests and performers
- At Willowbranch
- Board games by Friendly Local Game Store
- Vintage video game marathon
- Indoor and outdoor scavenger hunts
- At Beaches Branch
- Trivia tournament led by Trivia Nation
- Video games
- Scavenger hunts
- At Willowbranch
- And so much more!
Go to each location’s Facebook event page to get up to date details. And let us know you’re coming!
Check out the fun photos from last year’s events. Make sure to be part of this year’s festivities.
The Jacksonville Public Library is very appreciative of the support provided by Superhero Beach and Superhero Hive comic book stores. Be sure to visit their Beach and Riverside locations. They will have lots of fun activities going on during the day as well.
Beaches Comic Con:
Le Petit Geekerie is the pet project of two life-long crafty geeks. We specialize in handmade items that include jewelry, soaps, and bath bombs, with many more unique items in the works.