Contest Design Guidelines:
- This year’s Deck the Chair theme is “Shine, Hope and Peace.”
- The winning entry will incorporate two elements.
– Uniquely illustrate the importance of public libraries.
– Reflect a coastal theme, possibly using the Jacksonville Public Library Logo
- Chair design materials must not exceed $200 budget.
- Designs must be submitted on the Chair Template.
– Original designs will not be returned.
- View past designs at www.deckthechairs.org.
- Chair cannot be physically altered. All construction designs will be an “enhancement.”
- Zip ties are preferred when mounting or affixing items to chair.
- Designs should be lightweight using durable materials that can withstand wind and rain.
- Commercial grade lights and hardware are recommended.
- Only six outlets will be available per chair.
Chair Design Specifications Required:
- Approved materials include wood, platics, PVC, vinyl, metal fittings, chicken wire, clamps, wood screws and lights. Limited use of premade decorations will be accepted but require review. Chairs must not be modified or damaged in such a way that they will be deemed unusable following the event.
- Chair designs will exist within a 15-foot by 15-foot area and cannot exceed 12 feet in height.
Rules for Submission
- Design must be submitted on or before Sept. 30, 2016. Winner announced Oct. 31, 2016.
Entries may also be dropped in person to:
Pablo Creek Regonial Library, 13295 Beach Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32246
Beaches Branch Library, 600 3rd St., Neptune Beach, FL 32246
Main Library, 303 Laura St. N., FL 32202